Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Time flies & Christmas Crocheting and sewing

Wow, how time flies.  It's already December!! I've been very busy this year with our house remodels, gardening, sewing, knitting and crocheting.  I just finished my daughter-in-law's Christmas present.  She picked it out on Pinterest and I purchased the fabric from fabric.com (Robert Kaufman's flannel), crocheted the lace and finished sewing it up today.  Here's the blog if you're interested in the directions for making one for yourself or for a Christmas present:  http://www.flamingotoes.com/2015/01/15-minute-plaid-lace-infinity-scarf/


 

I've also made the Esme Tunic for Bethany from the book Everyday Style by Lotta Jansdotter.  I purchased the book for myself but very glad that Bethany Loves the tunic!!! It's actually a light denim blue but my photo was taken outdoors and it looks a little light.

A 1974 retro jacket/shirt for my son David, (he found a 1974 Vogue pattern at a thrift store) he also picked out the fabrics.  I used snaps instead of buttons, and also used the companion fabric to hem the shirt to give it a more tailored look.



Crocheted 3 scarfs for presents and also crocheted lace.
 
 

 And lastly, finished a quick curtain for our master bathroom.

Now I'm making my son a shirt to match the scarf in flannel.  I hope to have everything done by the 20th of December so I can take a break or just knit or cross-stitch for myself.



Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season this year.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Diana,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I just discovered yours ... You make such beautiful clothes, quilts etc. Hats off!!!

    Dutch greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete