Monday, July 11, 2016

Downton Abbey Mystery Block of the Month Quilt & Asheville AAA Baseball

This past weekend was very busy here.  I mowed our 1+ acres with the John Deere lawn mower, my first time and now I'm a pro at it.  Not too sure if this is really something to be a pro at, but it was relaxing when I was not facing the hot sun.  I picked up my Asheville Cotton Co. $5 blocks on Saturday and had both done before midnight that evening.

I am also working on the Downton Abbey block of the month (BOM) quilt from Carolina Foam & Fabric Outlet, Black Mountain, NC.  Have finished three so far:  The purple block is The Dowager: Violet, and the Black, cream & gold block on the right, is The Lady Cora (cups & saucers).  Have more to complete for this one.  

Here's a photo of my sister's Make A Wish I'm knitting it for her using the color way William Morris its slow progress but fun to knit since plain knitting really bores me. 

Last, but not least, my spouse and I went to a Asheville Tourist's game Sunday afternoon and the team was playing my youngest son's favorite AAA team the Charleston RiverDogs.  Both teams defense was great so the runs were neck-in-neck at 1/1, 2/2, finally at the bottom of the 9th we had one man on 2nd and the player at bat hit a home run for the final score of 4 -2 ):  AAA baseball is so much better to watch and more fun I think than major league baseball, since the players are hoping to get into the major leagues and most are new draft picks right out of college.  

Well, hope everyone has a great week and happy stitching, knitting and sewing everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Well I consider you a "pro" to mow your acreage.........my husband's mower does not like me at all........I try to get it to start and it won't budge.....my husband can jump on it and off it goes! The quilt blocks are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete