Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Bee" Stitching week three I think

Picked up the Honeybee Hill Sampler Box pattern this afternoon and my progress is below.  I've changed up one of the colors for this part since I really like pinks.  I'll be using GA Raspberry Parfait for the Copper listed, and using Copper for the Pumpkin Patch.  I also will be stitching the other bird using a different shade of blue for a little more color, using Uniform Blue instead of the bird below using Tin Bucket.  Also another trick I'm using - if you look at my Queen Bee in the previous post:  Instead of using the threads variegated and single, I just use One thread folded and this causes the colors to mix a little differently.  Do any of you stitchers out there use this technique too?  Just wondering.  Sometimes where the variegations are distinct, I'll switch back.

I also belong to a group on www.Ravelry.com called Stash Killers.   So I started a new knitting project titled Vonica, by Chick Knits using some stash yarn I've had for a very long time, at least 2 years.  Don't have much knitted yet, so I'll post a photo next week.  My yarn is 75% merino wool and 25% silk.  Its a blue to gray color way.  Really nice.  

Stash swap:  Stitching Question, do any of you have a copy of the Strawberry Garden by Blackbird Designs?  I really love it and can't seem to locate at any of the online shops.  I have a lot of nice patterns that I would be willing to exchange that I've never stitched.  Let me know in a comment and will make a list this week of my stash swap patterns and email you back and also post as a side bar.

Hope you all have a wonderful fall weekend, it's rather chilly here in the mountains around Swannanoa and Asheville, NC.   

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stitching! I also love to work variegated floss that way. As for the pattern, you might try Pinterest...........hope you find it

    ReplyDelete