Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fall Sewing for Work, Stitch56.com online pattern shop find...

Hi everyone, I've been really busy finishing up more projects and knitting a cap for my sister-in-law, and accidentally dropped a stitch so I had to start it over again.  I've made the same pattern for my youngest son David and also one for my husband Phil.  Once her's is complete I'll post a photo.

I've been buying way too much yarn and fabric again.  But I've finished so many projects this year, at least the stash isn't growing too fast.  After chatting with my sister Deb at Needles and Words, I realized that I need to catalog all my quilting and clothing fabrics so I know exactly what I have.  I looked through it today and realized that a new pattern I purchased would be great for some of the beautiful linens that I have for work.  Here's a photos of the pattern (The Trapeze Dress).  Since I now knit a lot of scarves it's a great dress to wear them with especially in the winter and fall months when it gets chilly outside :).
   There is also a pants pattern called 101 Pants Pattern by the same company that I've also purchased at stitch56.com.  I also purchased the pattern from them titled Stitch 56 Alder Shirtdress, and they are having a contest for one more week for this pattern.  Check out their website if you're an avid "seamstress" or just like to sew for yourself!  

I cut out two dresses and one pair of pants the other night and hope to begin sewing on them all tonight.  The dress is a very easy sheath style with a flounce, Vogue 3100 (DKNY), didn't realize it was already out of print since it can be a "girls best friend" as a wonderful BLACK dress, or anything.  I'll post a photo when I finish one or both later.  Here's the cover photo, or you can still view it on the Vogue pattern website too. As you can see by the photo, it will be really easy and quick to sew up - which I love!! 


I have also found my bee stitching which has been in "hiding" since the early parts of January that I'll begin stitching on this upcoming week and posting my first photos on September 15th.  Hope you all have a great evening.  Hopefully I'll have some new dress photos to post tomorrow evening.
    



1 comment:

  1. Looks as though you have two nice dressmaking projects lined up. I am looking forward to seeing your finishes.
    I dabbled a bit in garment making earlier this year. I hadn't done any dressmaking in years and was a bit rusty but I enjoyed it and even helped a friend make her first dress.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete