Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Busy Summer

Wow, haven't posted in quite a while.  It's been a busy summer, confessing; once my elbow healed I just couldn't help but pick up those "darn" knitting needles....I finished a few things and about done knitting my hoodie for this winter.  Just finished a scarf last night with two different Berroco yarns for fun.  Also knitting three scarves right now the "Wingspan" and "Claudonia Shawl".  I'll post some photos this weekend.  I plan to pick up some needlework this weekend as well since I must get a few ornaments completed for Stitching retreat in October.    The scarf below is called Madewe.

NC got tons of rain this summer and our garden washed out except the corn; it was very tasty and I made my first batch of homemade creamed corn.

I've also purchased my first iMac which I just LOVE!! I've wanted one for a long time and they offered 18 months of no interest, so......it's very happy too with my iPod that I use too.  My spouse joked with me tonight about using both at once, but I am a sort of geek too..he refuses to "learn a new system" though which is sad since it's quite easy oh well....maybe after a few months he'll change his mind.

I've been watching a british TV show Doc Martin which I really love too on a South Carolina Public television SCETV network.

Bought this gorgeous fabric this summer from Hawthorne Threads (online fabric store I also really LOVE) and made a tunic and wear to work, etc.  Happy knitting, stitching and sewing everyone!!


3 comments:

  1. This has been the craziest summer weatherwise. I love the tunic and pretty knitting.
    We are supposed to have great weather this weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving at you! I love your knitting. And Doc Martin is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Diana! It's Meari. We met at PALS. I was the one who kept getting the sewing box stolen, lol. I was stitching on Japanese Garden.

    ReplyDelete