Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stitching and Reading

Well, since I won't be knitting for a while, I've purchased a Clover Turn-able Hoop from Hancock Fabrics yesterday so I'll be able to continue cross-stitching without holding the hoop in my right hand, since luckily I sew with my left.  I'm hoping to complete my sister's La-D-Da design by her birthday in March (you can see what's missing in the photo). I'm also reading three books right now (That Women-the Life of Wallis Simpson, Doc & The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher) and reading more of your blogs.  Please check out the new blog I've added to my list http://sewritzytitzy.blogspot.com/; I love her blog-she does a lot of beautiful crocheting...I also plan to finish a pin cushion after my sister's cross stitch.  I'm not sure at this time when I'll be able to knit again.  Hopefully at least by late spring. In the meantime, I'm planning a trip to Seattle for maybe early summer to visit my son and have already found a few places to visit while he's at work (Churchmouse Yarns & Teas on Bainbridge Island, Thread Needle Street & So Much Yarn so far).
The only good things about not using my right arm much is catching up on reading, which includes reading all my magazine subscriptions and taking to work once I've finished with them (Vanity Fair, Town & Country, and Garden and Gun), picking up cross-stitching again  and my husband is cooking and cleaning for me.  Well, going to get back to reading your blogs and surfing too.

1 comment:

  1. Your stitching for your sister looks very beautifull .I think the green and the red yu have chosen looks lovely together..

    I hope your arm will be better soon.
    I promise to remember you in my prayers :) :)

    ReplyDelete