Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baked Acorn Squash and Sweater Blocking

I've just finished blocking my mom's sweater and have provided a few photos.  1st one is the soaking processes in my RV sink; the sink is much smaller than a standard size but it was plenty of room.  After soaking all the pieces (left and right front, back and sleeves) for 15 minutes, I squished out as much water as I could, then rolled each piece in a large bath towel and let them all sit for about 1 hour.  Once that step was completed, I measured then moved around each piece until it fit the finished measurement from Lily Chin's directions, then pinned.  This whole process took about an hour and 40 minutes..  



Now, it's just wait for all pieces to dry, then I can begin the process of sewing together using the Mattress Stitch.   I have also been able to knit about 6" of my sister's Annabella' Cowl (for Christmas) in the past few days.  I think I'll take a break from knitting today and start hand-quilting my other sister's quilt since it's so lovely and warm outside today.

I did make the Classic Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Recipes last week and they turned out really tasty.  Here's a photo and the link to the recipe.  

3 comments:

  1. The other part of my comment didn't post. Very cool to see how you size the knitted sweater. I always wondered how that "happened". Can't wait to see the finished product. The color of mom's sweater is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete