Friday, December 14, 2012

2013 Knitting Projects and Colours of Shetland

I received Kate Davies new book in the mail today, it was a surprise, as it took less than a week to arrive!
 
I also purchased her hat pattern online at ravelry titled Sheep Heid and then purchased two types of yarn at Black Mountain Yarn Shop to make in mid-January.  I'll be using Blue Sky Alpaca Melange and Malabrigo Finito (it's a superfine merino wool) 
I'm also planning to knit the Lucy Hat, from the Knitscene, 2012 magazine that I purchased at the Black Mountain Yarn Shop.  I chose a green for the center band and a darker shade of brown/beige for the rest of the hat....

 



 Here's a closer  look at my color choices...Madelintosh tosh vintage

I continue to work on my sister's cowl for Christmas but will have to take a break from knitting for at least two weeks once it's complete -  since I've developed tennis "knitting" elbow in my right arm and if I don't take care of it, it'll get worse; which for me would be just awful....Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - happy stitching, knitting, sewing and crafting everyone!!









1 comment:

  1. these are beautiful selections & I'm inspired to start winter knitting (such as it is here in north east FLa.!) = I love the yarn selection for the patterns - the green band on the Lucy hat with the brownish yarn is striking - I can't wait to see your progress!! hope you having warm & fun filled holidays, Karen in Fla.

    ReplyDelete