Monday, February 20, 2012

“Furisode” (big sleeves) Kimono for an 18” Doll

I had planned on spending a quiet weekend basting my sister’s quilt but instead I helped my husband put up a shed and then on Sunday made a Kimono for my granddaughter’s new male 18” doll that she wanted, and found on the website:Runo dollmaker. Runo makes dolls and clothes, and offers the patterns free at her website. I really recommend it. It did take me most of yesterday and finished today. The pattern is not easy, but doable. I love how the finished project looks and have photos below.
I also used a pink fabric for the lining for a nice contract and here's a photo of it
,and the finished kimono, I really will have to make myself a 18" doll now, so I can make clothes for her too!!




















My HOE was received by Erin so I can post now to my blog, it's a free pattern from 2009 at Gigi's, titled V Comme Valentine from 2009. I made a hanger type ornament with fabric and here’s a photo of the finish. I really love it too and hope to make one for me to hang next year maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment