Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Box received by Amy

My Christmas Box exchange partner Amy received my box on December 6th but has been feeling unwell, so I'm posting the finished product. It was my first attempt at Mod Podge. I stitched Christmas Peace from the 2002 JCS magazine, from Heart in Hand Needleart. I used fabric and ribbons too. It didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked and hated that Amy's box was the experiment, but I'll make a few more until I get it right. I can always use more storage boxes around the house. I think the only part I was not satisfied with was the ribbon's I used. Here's a peak,
Here's a few photos as it progressed and during the drying out process. It really does dry in about 20 minutes too.

I received an early Christmas Present for myself that I ordered from Scandinavian Stitches. I have been going to Lynda's webpage for a while and finally ordered one of Christiane Dahlbeck's books.

This one is titled Potpourri, and her designs are JUST GORGEOUS... I recommend the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment