Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another Summer is Almost Over

Well, it's been really hot here in the mountains this summer and not much sewing is getting done since my sewing room faces West and gets most all the heat and sun. However, I did finish the Autumn Pyn Keepe HOE piece and mailed today. Also, I've picked up a pattern I purchased over a year ago: Must Be Santa 2009, from Prairie Schooler (Phil should like it since there's a Reindeer & any deer will do), I'm also still stitching my Snowman ornament. We've had a bumper crop of Okra and Tomatoes

this year and my red bell peppers are almost ripe. Made a great recipe from Giada De Laurentis - Couscous stuffed Bell Peppers with Basil Sauce
Since Phil and I love fried Okra we've had it about every other evening for two weeks now. Since Okra is the star, I wash it in water,cut into bite size pieces and put all in a Ziploc bag with only corn meal inside. Shake it up and then put into a medium-heat pan of canola oil and fry about 4 minutes until nice and brown. Drain on a paper towel lined plate, then salt/pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment