Friday, June 24, 2011

Knitting Hats for the Homeless

The knitting group at Black Mountain Yarn Shop that meets every 2nd and 4th Thursday has a wonderful member that collects hats for the homeless every summer for the winters here in the mountains. The goal this year is 1,000 hats (toboggans) for men, women and children (we use acrylic yarns so they can be easily washed and fewer allergies). I am knitting my first ever; last year I contributed zero, not because I didn't want to, but I was just scared of knitting a round object that gets smaller. This year I jumped in and here's a peek at my first one. I started it on Wednesday evening - of course and had the help of Betsy (the organizer/collector of these hats), through a group called the Western Carolina Knitters and Crocheters for Charity. If you would like to donate a knitted cap, you can bring them to Black Mountain Yarn Shop, 203A West State Street, Black Mountain, NC 28711, or you can mail to them at this address also (please use acrylic yarn).
Also, My Hooked on Exchange partner received my Snowman Ornament so I can post a photo of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment