Saturday, May 28, 2011

New purse and new blouse completed this weekend

I’m traveling next week and will be visiting Washington, DC if all goes well. So I decided to make a new purse and use as my carry on (to fit stitching, knitting and maybe a book to read and some snacks). I decided to make my second Amy Butler bag titled the Frenchy Bag; the larger version. I have always believed that you can use two totally different fabrics and it will work sometimes. The photos of both sides of my finished purse really show this.

I really love how it turned out.

I also had gorgeous linen that I purchased from Waechter's Silk Shop about 6 months ago and I finally made it using a Vogue blouse pattern. I also added a beautiful French trim (using a "Wing" needle in my machine) to the collar, sleeves and hem using my Bernina Artista 650.

My Husband Phil had a great idea about buttons for the shirt. Use one of my pins for the first one (since I don't have much to wear them with) and then use a very plain purple button for all the ones below, so they won't stand out.

Pretty good idea. I hope to post photos next week of my trip to DC. Happy stitching, knitting and quilting everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that Waechters shows pictures of patrons sewing on their blog? You should email them a picture of your blouse--it's so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete