Friday, April 22, 2011

Knitting and Paper Piecing class this week

I have finally finished knitting the Hibiscus Shell from Knitter's Magazine Summer 2010 issue that I started August 2010, but ran out of the color. Once I ordered it the weather has started turning cold here in Swannanoa. So picked it up a week ago to finish the last sleeve. Hope to sew it together this weekend.
Also starting knitting a Lace Tank from Nashua Handknits new leaflet Celebration - Designs in Creative Focus Linen. Not sure if you can tell, but using the Peacock Blue from Cascade Yarns (100% Pima Cotton), I love how fast it knits up; it's 1/4 completed.
I also took a paper piece quilt class at Asheville Cotton Co. yesterday as the wall hanging actually SCREAMED at me, it's trees which I love and I used batiks (the great thing is used 95% of my stash and only bought a few extra colors from Marti's Patchwork Cottage (quilt shop) in Black Mountain, NC.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment