Thursday, March 10, 2011

Very Busy Week

This week has been very busy, went to the First Annual Shop Hop event at Black Mountain Yarn Shop in Black Mountain, NC. We started at the Yarn Shop, then a trip to a local Chocolate Shop, on to the Merry Wine shop then dinner at Que Serra. The evening ended around 9pm and we all had a wonderful time. Yesterday evening was the Evening Knit In at the yarn shop and we had a really good time too. I'm still working on the Rain on the Prairie Scarf designed by Maureen Hefti in the Spring 2011 Interweave Knits. Not sure who will get this one but I have an idea...
You can't really see it but there is a great sparkle thread throughout the yarn (like a foil). The yarn I'm using is Nashua from Westminster Fibers Grand Opera in Grass Green. I mailed my Red Exchange last Tuesday and I don't think my partner has received yet; so as not to repeat a late mail-out I've already picked my next exchange piece and will start stitching tomorrow night. I've decided that I can photo the thread color and fabric that I'll be using since it won't give away the project. Asheville Cotton Company has a new BOM $5 quilt and here's a photo of my 1st 2 blocks (Jan & Feb) I changed some of the colors and we get block three tomorrow or Saturday. I really am hoping to finally finish all blocks so my quilt top will be a whopping $5..


Plans for the weekend: finish my son's curtains, work on Hooked on Exchange (HOE) piece, and rest? Who knows. Happy knitting, stitching and sewing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment