Thursday, January 20, 2011

Downton Abbey and Lark Rise to Candleford

I have been catching up on some DVR taped television shows this week in the evening, and I love the new Masterpiece series Downton Abbey and Lark Rise to Candleford.
Here is the photo of the scarf I just finished for my step-daughter last week.


















Below is a photo of the crocheted scarf that I made for myself using 100% worsted wool KPPM yarn. It did take more than 1 year to complete as I kept picking it up and putting it down (started December 2009). My sister Deb and I attended The Needle Fair - A Stitching Retreat sponsored by Needle Delights this past October, and funny thing is I worked on this crocheted scarf because of the beautiful colors and my other sister's sampler that I promised her for Christmas 2010. It is not finished yet, but hope to complete by her birthday this year. There is a picture below of it, a design that she picked out by La-D-Da (she also picked out the colors).
I recommend the Stitching Retreat as it's right on the Gulf of Mexico, it's very peaceful and everyone is so friendly. The stitching room was fantastic, open and had very good lighting. The Needle Delights store website has the 2011 registration up already. I will definitely be going again this year if I can, hopefully with my sister too.

3 comments:

  1. sorry Diana, but the form on the website is for 2010.....and I pretty sure I will go this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scarf. The retreat sounds so calming. I need to find a place like that for one up here in Maine. Hope to see you in NH too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Larkrise to Candleford. I tape it and watch it on the weekend the show comes on Wednesdays on PBS just after quilting show right now that is Fons and Porter
    Great texture on your crochet scarf and the knitted scarf looks like it will be very complimentary and cozy

    ReplyDelete